REMOTE LEARNING YEARS 1 & 2
Remote Learning Guidance
Daily Task Grids: Please use this remote learning guide to direct your child’s learning whilst school is not open. Detailed daily task grids will be placed on this web page each week, consisting of fifteen activities - 5x English, 5x Maths and 5x Foundation subject/ Science activities.
Activities are designed to consolidate learning that has already taken place, whilst also allowing children to start to think about learning that will be taking place very soon. The weekly task grid will also tell you if it is an online task, or if it is a paper task. To assist the paper task activities, the school has sent home with your child a ‘Learning Pack’, which includes: plain paper, lined paper and a pencil.
Login Details to Online Learning Resources: Please ensure that your child has their username and passwords for specific online learning resources, which are provided by the school. Passwords have been re-issued just in case you’ve misplaced them. They can be found in the front of your child’s Reading Record book, or if they were not present at school on 19.03.2020, we have sent passwords to you via your Marvelous ME account. These include:
• Pearsons Active Learn Platform – to access MATHS FACTOR, BUG CLUB AND PHONICS/SPELLING & GRAMMAR BUG
• TT ROCK STARS (timetables practise)
• DISCOVERY EDUCATION ESPRESSO – This has a generic login for pupils (Username: student11885 & Password: Coopersale18) https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk
Regular Reading and Spelling (At least 4 times per week): In addition to the weekly learning activities and any use of the online learning resources above, your child should continue to practise their reading and spelling at least four times per week.
• Year group spelling support and guidance can be found at https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/239784/English_Appendix_1_-_Spelling.pdf
Your child should continue to learn words that they do not know and follow the ‘daily task guidance’.
• Your child has been provided with school reading books, please continue to read these or appropriate books, which you may have at home.