Our Ofsted report is here!
About our school
The former Theydon Garnon School was founded in 1850 by the church to provide education according to the principles of the Church of England. In September 1970 the school was moved into its new premises in the village of Coopersale and has since been called Coopersale and Theydon Garnon C.E. (Vol.Cont.) Primary School.
Church Schools are part of the nation’s maintained system of education and are operated in partnership with the Local Education Authority. Each school has a Governing Body which is responsible for the school and on which the Church, local authorities, parents, teachers and staff are represented.
The aim of all church schools is to provide the best possible education for each child within the context of a caring Christian environment. Children attend assemblies and take part in daily acts of worship. Children visit the church and members of the local clergy visit the school and work in the classrooms and lead assemblies. The staff and pupils are involved in events organised by the two local parishes which are held both at school and at the village church St Albans.
These include Christmas and Easter Celebrations and an introduction to the service of communion. Our school embraces the Christian ethos and our moral and spiritual values are reflected in the inter–personal relationships within the school community.