Relationship & Health Education
Growing up with Yasmin and Tom: The Family Planning Association (FPA), developers of our online RHE resource 'Growing up with Yasmin and Tom', have a fantastic information area for parents. Click here to read.
Through the dedicated parents area, parents can:
1) Video - and hear age-appropriate "tone of voice" via the Yasmine and Tom introduction video.
2) Interactive lessons - parents can explore lessons, interactions and age-appropriate delivery.
3) Full lesson plan - broken down by age and year group.
4) Sex education opt-out - on the lesson plan we clearly highlight the sex education lessons that parents can opt their child out of.
5) Helpful FAQs - we answer the most common parental concerns.
6) “Why?” - parents can read straight-forward, evidenced-based reasons for why high quality RSE / RHSE is important.
Year 6 Sex Education (Non-Statutory): Year 6 parents were invited to attend a parent information session on 17th November 2023 regarding the non-statutory Sex Education curriculum. During the presentation, session coverage was explained and resources to be used were shared. Click here for the presentation slides.
Year 5 Puberty Sessions (Statutory): Year 5 parents were invited to attend a parent information session on 3rd November regarding the upcoming statutory sessions on Puberty. During the presentation, sessions coverage and resources to be used were shared and discussed. Click here for the presentation slides.