January start to school
31 December 2020 (by admin)
Hello Parents and Carers,
I hope your Christmas holiday period has been a good one.
May I apologise for messaging you on New Year's Eve. However, in light of the Government announcement yesterday, I suspect many of you are confused and unsure about our January return to school situation.
I am busy following the LEA and DfE guidance about the 'Contingency Framework' (school closure) and the details of what this means for our pupils, staff, community... and in particular, our vulnerable /key worker children and remote learning provision. The LEA are currently in consultation with the DFE this afternoon, so I don’t expect any new details coming my way until tomorrow morning at the earliest. Like you, School leaders nationally were only made aware of the new plans yesterday.
Until we know more, I can however confirm the following:
1) Monday 4th January remains as a remote learning day for all pupils.
2) For most pupils, remote learning from Tuesday 5th January until Friday 15th will replace on-site schooling. This has been confirmed by our LEA and DfE.
3) From Tuesday 5th January, in-school provision will be available to all vulnerable pupils and children of key workers.
4) I will be requesting key worker parents to notify the School on Monday 4th January, informing me if they will be sending their children into School from the 5th January.
5) Families that meet the School's/DfE criteria for vulnerability needs will be contacted by the School on Monday 4th January to offer on-site provision from Tuesday 5th January.
I'm sure you want to know more, but at this point in time, it would be irresponsible for me to give more details without having the additional information I require from Essex.
Mr Dale Bateman