Return to School - final preparations
3 September 2021 (by admin)
We can’t wait to welcome back children to School this Monday 6th September. To help you with last minute preparations, here are some things to note:
School Start and Finishing Time:
- Drop-off is anytime from 8.40am to 8.50am. Our gates will open at 8.35am for you and your child(ren) to make way to their classrooms/entrance points. Doors will open at 8.40am. Years One to Three will be dropped off at the ramp adjacent to the main playground. All other Year Groups have direct access.
- Pick-up is anytime from 3.05pm to 3.15pm. Our gates will open at 3.00pm for you to make your way to your child’s classroom/exit point. Doors will open at 3.05pm and you MUST collect your child by 3.15pm. Please note in July’s communication to you, we did say that the end of day would be 10 minutes later. We apologise in advance if this change has caused you any stress. Year One will be collected from the first Hall door (as they did last term); and Year 2 will be collected from the Hall doors adjacent to the School field (as they were last term). All other Year groups will be collected from their classrooms.
- Reception: Fridays (starting in October)
- Year One: Wednesdays and Fridays
- Year Two: Tuesdays and Fridays
- Year Three: Monday and Wednesdays
- Year Four: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Year Five: Mondays and Wednesdays
- Year Six: Wednesdays and Thursdays
Please ensure your child wears their P.E kits for the full day on their days of P.E. We start P.E lessons from our first day back.
Lunchtime - eating in the Hall:
With Covid social distancing measures removed from Schools, I can confirm that all Year groups will resume eating their lunches in the Hall. Please see our website for our School Meals Menus.
Covid-19 Control Measures:
Although social distancing measures have been removed from Schools, we are still expected to follow Government guidelines on other Covid-19 control measures. Our main control measures are:
- Regular washing of our hands with water and soap / hand sanitiser (plant based for children and only if they wish to have it).
- Keeping occupied spaces well ventilated.
- Following public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19.
Remember – a child should not come to school if they have Covid-19 symptoms or have tested positive to the virus.
Have a great weekend ahead.
With kind regards,
School Leadership Team